Continuing Home

The ongoing saga of a Continuing Anglican church home, as seen by a member of the laity.

Sunday, July 02, 2006

The Flower Planting Caper

flower As those who've been to the church recently know, more flowers are being planted in the gardens, providing more color around the place. Fr. Daniel mentioned this during the announcements in the service this morning, noting that the planter wants to remain anonymous. I'm quite sure I know who our secret little Flower Elf is, but I'm not saying. (The picture is not so great, but the only one of my cameras with me this morning was my cellphone camera.)

Along with this, there will shortly be a list posted of plants desired for the grounds. The list will be made up of plants both deer and rabbit "resistant," so they won't wind up being nothing more than part of some critter's salad dinner.

This being Seattle, I hope they're also vetting the list for slugs. A couple of days ago I saw, crossing my driveway, one of the largest "leopard slugs" (it has spots like a leopard's) I've ever seen.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I like the addition of the flowers very much. Whoever is responsible will no doubt have a crown of gold flowers waiting in the New Jerusalem.

    And, thanks for writing :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home