Continuing Home

The ongoing saga of a Continuing Anglican church home, as seen by a member of the laity.

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Be careful what you say!

This morning I was reading an APCK e-mail list digest and noted that Fr. Daniel had written another of his interesting, educational articles and submitted it to the list for discussion.

In an incautious moment I wrote back, saying:

I note these articles... have you thought about starting a blog?
He responded shortly thereafter, asking how he might start a blog and questioned whether he'd have time to make regular entries on it. I noted the response but because I was then deep into my workday, I figured I would wait until lunch to respond.

Back from lunch and ready to respond I checked my e-mail and learned I was too late: Fr. Daniel had already figured out the entire process (even starting with my preferred blog host -- the host for this blog!), created a new blog and started it off with one of his works!

Of course there was the issue of updating the blog "regularly." I sent him a brief note during a short break in the afternoon's craziness at work, assuring him that irregular updates are fine. Some of the Anglican blogs I read only update every couple of weeks or so, but if the content is good people do return. (I have even seen some go dead for months, but word gets around fairly quickly when they come back to life.)

Finally home this afternoon, much later than normal, I find Fr. Daniel's been busy. Links are up, profile is up, and several more postings are on the blog.

Ladies and Gentlemen, please welcome the Anglican Parish Priest to the blogosphere!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home