Continuing Home

The ongoing saga of a Continuing Anglican church home, as seen by a member of the laity.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Earth and Altar

The mystery of the note at the bottom of the bulletin was finally revealed Sunday. It's the new debut of our parish newsletter which, as Fr. Daniel noted, has been somewhat unimaginatively (if perfectly accurately and appropriately) named "St. Bartholomew's Anglican Church Parish Newsletter," but under a new name: "Earth and Altar."

The name comes from the wonderful G.K. Chesterton hymn I mentioned a week and a half ago, Hymn 521, O God of Earth and Altar.

Fr. Daniel requests ideas for logo (graphic) and font for the newsletter.

(Ugh. While preparing this post I went and did a Google image search on "Earth and Altar." There is a lot of strange stuff out there. And the last site I looked at that purportedly quoted the hymn turned out to be something about the group Iron Maiden on it. Not what I wanted, so I returned to edit this post... several minutes later the computer startled me when it started playing rock. It was the Iron Maiden page, still open on another browser tab!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home