Continuing Home

The ongoing saga of a Continuing Anglican church home, as seen by a member of the laity.

Saturday, November 25, 2006

A saint laid to rest

To those readers of this blog who didn't know Adrian (aka "Dutch" for obvious reasons), here is a relatively recent picture of Adrian as we knew him. A quiet, serious Godly man with a restrained and subtle sense of humor, and a sturdy pillar of our church.

It saddens me to hold in my hand (as I write this) the bulletin/program entitled "The Order for the Burial of the Dead: Mr. Adrian Boeschoten," but Adrian received a good Anglican send-off from the service at the church through the motorcade (many thanks to the King County Sheriffs) to the final graveside observances.

I don't say this often but Adrian was, in my humble opinion, a saint among us and we are diminished by his departure.

Requisce in Pacem, Adrian!

(I hope I have the Latin correct.)

1 Comments:

  • At 8:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Diminished by one - how greatly diminished! Our little Anglican faith community here in Woodinville lost a great man this past week. I knew him as a solid, fatherly, comforting presence - "a friend that sticks closer than a brother." Adrian always had an encouraging word for me, especially when I sometimes struggled at the organ on Sundays. It's difficult to say what I will miss most about him, because there is so much. If I have to pick on thing it is his gentle pat on the back when I am done playing, and his kind, sweet smile when all I could do sometimes was cry. Oh yes, and the wood shavings stuck in his green sweater. Adrian knew just how to be, and his being was a blessing to me. "Dutch" I shall miss you very much indeed.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home