Continuing Home

The ongoing saga of a Continuing Anglican church home, as seen by a member of the laity.

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Home: power! : ) Church: powerless : (

That's the text message I received a few minutes ago. I believe it was from Fr. Daniel, but because I was online through the laptop/cellphone combo (I'm on the living room floor in front of the woodstove that's supplying the only heat we have right now, trying to warm this place up), I couldn't check the phone directly.

This is happy news for Fr. Daniel & family! Roughing it is a bit easier when you don't have small children. I'm sure they'll sleep well tonight.

The church, though... it's only a couple of miles up the road from Fr. Daniel but as we saw Sunday on the way home, tracing the power lines along the road, it's fed from a different substation. And the newspaper indicates there are continuing problems with the lines feeding that particular substation.

I will only note: the church is really only powerless if it lets loose of its real source of power -- and that source is not Puget Sound Energy. We may continue to be numbered among (brrr) the Frozen Chosen for a few more days, but that's only a thermal issue.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home