Continuing Home

The ongoing saga of a Continuing Anglican church home, as seen by a member of the laity.

Saturday, October 04, 2008

Way too busy?

As I was getting ready for another trip (I'm already packed) that will take me away from St. Bartholomew's yet another Sunday, I was reflecting on how busy life seems to have gotten -- and it's not just me.

We have an e-mail list for St. Bartholomew's servers (or their parents) on which Ranjit sends a reminder of the monthly roster. I haven't checked in a while but I think it starts out the same each month, at least for me it does: it's always read the Epistle on the 1st and 5th Sundays. And once again this month I had to send a note asking for a stand-in because I'll be away.

It seems to be the same for the youngsters. They are constantly juggling schedules for one reason or another. I didn't think too much about it until an e-mail a few days ago from one of the parents announcing that her kids were available on certain Sundays this month as stand-ins if needed.

That's initiative I like! And I think somebody else is seeing what I'm seeing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home