Continuing Home

The ongoing saga of a Continuing Anglican church home, as seen by a member of the laity.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Who fixed the bells, and when?

For what seems like years now, the sanctus bells have never rung quite right. One of the clappers sticks, requiring an extra-heavy twist so that the whole just sounded a bit noisier than I liked. I always had it in mind to take a look at the problem but by the end of the service the issue would be forgotten.

So it was with quite some surprise Sunday that I noted the bells rang like they should, much more musically than I'd recalled. I finally looked at them after the service and found that one clapper stem had been replaced with a piece of wire, twisted around.

I remember mentioning the trouble with the bells to Fr. Daniel a few days earlier, but he says he didn't fix them.

So now the puzzle: did somebody just fix them, or were they "fixed" a long time ago and was the wire clapper-stem replacement part of the trouble?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home