Continuing Home

The ongoing saga of a Continuing Anglican church home, as seen by a member of the laity.

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

A Lion In Winter

Last weekend Fr. Robert Hart at The Continuum reported on finding a link to an interview with Archbishop Morse a few years ago.

I must have read the interview (there were pieces of it that sounded familiar), but if I had I have somehow completely forgotten about it since. Or perhaps it is just that my own awareness of current issues outside St. Bartholomew's has increased significantly from the state of "near zero" I had at the time of the interview.

I wonder how many of us at St. Bartholomew's are in that "near zero" state? I remember many, many years ago when talk about what was happening "back there" faded away and, frankly, it was a relief; the talk was not uplifting. (Interestingly, it was roughly about the time that that talk faded that I began to perceive St. Bartholomew's operating a bit more as a "church family" and a bit less as a "church", though admittedly there were other elements involved.)

It worries me a bit that I learned so much from reading this interview. Of a few small points of the knowledge gained, I am delighted to learn that I have come to much the same conclusions. The rest I read and learn. While trying really, really hard not to jump up and down in this chair shouting, "YES! AND YES!" occasionally interspersed with "Huh?" (Remember, this is a layman's blog...)

...but I digress.

As regards Archbishop Morse, I think interviewer David Virtue has described him to a tee.

I highly recommend reading first Fr. Hart's report and then the interview: A Lion In Winter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home