Continuing Home

The ongoing saga of a Continuing Anglican church home, as seen by a member of the laity.

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Church School Drama: Were You There?

The St. Bartholomew's Church School Players As noted in an earlier posting, our active Church School gave a dramatic presentation today at the time when a sermon would normally be given. They've been doing this on occasion for at least the past five years (there is a picture of one such on the website dating from 2001), and they just keep getting better.

This Sunday it was the Crucifixion and Resurrection and various of Jesus' miracles (Lazarus et al) as they might have been reported by TV journalists (on TV network F-I-S-H), with interviews of eyewitnesses and others.

This time the drama was spiced with the clever and humorous periodic insertion of TV-like ads for products including pomegranites, pottery, and even "Noah's Cruise Lines" ("Book your spring trip now!"). And other humor appeared, such as the interview with the second-in-command to Pontius Pilate noting that the Roman soldiers had been sent to the beach in Lebanon for a rest "for health reasons."

The kids enjoyed it as much as the adults. When they returned to the Fr. Leen Education Building afterwards one asked, "When are we going to do this again?"

I'm sure our church school teachers do not get praise commensurate with the time and effort they put in. But I'll say right here: Bravo!

2 Comments:

  • At 8:44 AM, Blogger Continuing Home said…

    Alan,

    Thank you! I hope St. Peter's (I think that is the church there) works out. Do let me know how it goes -- and if there any questions I can answer, don't hesitate to ask.

     
  • At 1:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "I was there" for this marvelous presentation by our Sunday School. What a joy! My first Sunday back in church after surgery and GBS - WOW! And sung Morning Prayer on top of it... Pretty close to Heaven for me. I love to sing! Thank You, CH, for arranging it all so I could be there!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home