Continuing Home

The ongoing saga of a Continuing Anglican church home, as seen by a member of the laity.

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Continuing Anglican Blogs

Okay. Some things are simply irresistable. Things like creating a web-ring for Continuing Anglican Blogs because none exist today, I'd like to see one, the technology is there and pretty easy for me to set up. And it doesn't look like it'll take much work to maintain.

You'll see it in the right-hand column. Right now it's not working because (I think) there's only this site listed in it. (I have turned off some of the navigation options such as "5 sites forward" because we're going to need a much bigger ring before those options make any sense.)

What's a web-ring, you ask? It's a means of cross-linking sites of common interest, wherever they are located, in a manner that if (say) you just keep clicking the "Next" link you see on each page, sooner or later you will return to your starting point having viewed every page in the ring. Think of a circular "ring" that links all of your local papers' headline pages; by the time you've traversed the ring you'll know all the local headlines.

Perhaps in the next few weeks we'll have all five to maybe nine "Continuing" blogs linked into the ring. And maybe we'll have some surprising discoveries...

7/26 Update: "RingSurf" seems to be having trouble. Will address this later.

3 Comments:

  • At 2:08 AM, Blogger The Lemonts said…

    What an interesting endeavor. I wish you well in your work. I love the Anglican blogs. I am new to yours and look forward to it with interest.

     
  • At 7:47 PM, Blogger Mike the Geek said…

    Added myself. Let's see how it goes!

     
  • At 2:05 PM, Blogger J. Gordon Anderson said…

    Count me in! Send a message to Fr. Chad Jones at the Philorthodox blog (see link on my blog). He'd probably join too!

    Blessings,
    JGA+

     

Post a Comment

<< Home