Continuing Home

The ongoing saga of a Continuing Anglican church home, as seen by a member of the laity.

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Matins, Sung

At the tail end of this morning's Men's Group Breakfast (served up as usual by our great chef and lawyer Gordon -- the latter position has no connection with the former description, I promise), a couple of the group confronted Fr. Daniel face-to-face in the parking lot with the totally all-important question: "Fr. Canticle, why are we not singing more of Morning Prayer?!?!" (Fr. Canticle... will have to remember that one!)

For at least some of us this is a practice we remember from Way Back, complicated by the fact that we didn't all sing the same settings.

Fr. Daniel seemed delighted, and I agree. More song is GOOD; if anything (my personal opinion), we've gone a bit backward lately. Don't know why.

Whatever we do, it will never be as "bad" as a former church choir I knew who rightfully called themselves "A Joyful Noise." They were awful and knew it, but we knew their heart and that made all the difference; we loved them. I'd rather have "A Joyful Noise" than a budget-draining professional choir.

Though if I can't get my voice beyond today's croak, I'm out of our prospective choir.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home