Continuing Home

The ongoing saga of a Continuing Anglican church home, as seen by a member of the laity.

Saturday, October 14, 2006

Standing for the Schola Cantorum

But for Kathy I would have missed the first session of the Schola Cantorum tomorrow!

I had a BUSY week in Mexico City; the last time I got online before returning home Friday night was on Tuesday when I previously posted here. And I've been overwhelmed since the return with unpacking from the last trip, packing for the next (Monday), catching up on work e-mail and the like... I didn't even think to check my personal e-mail until Kathy happened to mention this afternoon that Fr. Daniel had e-mailed a reminder that our first session is tomorrow at 9 AM. Oops.

Tomorrow, as Fr. Daniel said in his reminder (reminder? Ay, caramba!! I have forgotten it completely!), "For around 45 minutes, we will undertake some basic vocal/technical instruction and begin to study some repertoire for our Service and for the upcoming seasons of Advent & Christmas!"

This will be work, but fun too, I think. I sang for a short time in a choir many years ago; the choirmaster said I had a bit of a greater range than usual and some work would extend it further, but I'm sure that's gone away with time. I guess I'll know soon enough.

But for right now I just dread standing for 45 whole minutes. I hurt my leg Thursday descending the dangerously steep stairs of the Pyramid of the Sun in Teotihuacan -- an enormously impressive structure that you simply just have to see to believe; pictures simply do not do it, or any of Teotihuacan, justice. (And believe it or not, this outing was on business!)

That white spot on the stairs? That's someone climbing. Good luck coming back down...

3 Comments:

  • At 6:19 PM, Blogger Fergus said…

    I LIVE IN MEXICO... I WAS TO TEOTIHUACAN.. IT´S MAGIC, BEATIFUL

     
  • At 6:36 PM, Blogger Continuing Home said…

    Fergus, it was quite awesome.

    I enjoyed my stay in Mexico, Distrito Federal -- it has been far too many years since we were there last, but I think a return visit will shortly be in the planning.

     
  • At 10:06 AM, Blogger Anglicans Aweigh said…

    CH, I won't make you stand to rehearse for the Schola Cantorum...it is possible to sing with good posture while seated, and personally I have always felt more comfortable in choirs that do a little of both.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home