Continuing Home

The ongoing saga of a Continuing Anglican church home, as seen by a member of the laity.

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Lay Reader Classes

Fr. Daniel sent out an e-mail today to all the prospective attendees of the Lay Reader Training Classes this September, detailing the dates and Things To Be Acquired. But count me stunned: I've long been accustomed to us having one or occasionally two licensed Lay Readers, but... five?! I'd say "Woo-hoo!" though it means I'll be sitting in the pews even more. (Not that I mind that, necessarily, I just enjoy serving. And it would be selfish and worse to try to keep that all for myself.)

But it saddens me that I'm extremely likely to be away on business for most of the September classes, which will have material new even to me. There are reasons for the date he chose.

But the announcement also had me dancing on air (only figuratively -- it would definitely not be a pretty picture otherwise). I had figured there would be four of us in the class but the fifth name took me by surprise. If you're reading this (you know who you are), I am just delighted!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home