Continuing Home

The ongoing saga of a Continuing Anglican church home, as seen by a member of the laity.

Sunday, June 04, 2006

Preaching on Pentecost

Great... I am told! Unfortunately I awoke Saturday morning very sick with some virus, and I wasn't much improved this morning after coughing all night, so I had to stay home and miss Deacon Ed's homily. I gather he covered the Collect, Epistle and Gospel as well as today's Bible Study class on Ephesians -- quite a range!

I've said before that we're blessed to have two great preachers. The Prydain blog frequently notes sermons published online by the Rev. Samuel Edwards of Holy Comforter (who preached at Fr. McGrath's ordination); I read his sermons and see a similar quality here.

I would very much like to know what was preached: I'll have to ask Deacon Ed for a copy via e-mail.

Update: That's what I get for linking the title and the body, then changing the title without checking the body. If you were confused by the original opening to this post, the original title was something like "Great Preaching..."

1 Comments:

  • At 3:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am sure Deacon Ed can be prevailed upon to give you a copy of the homily he delivered. I thought it was impressive. There was much in it that rang bells for me, especially since it harmonized all of the teaching we have been studying and the readings for the Feast of Pentecost. I hope that both Deacon Ed's and Fr. Daniel's homilies can be made available at some point because I consider them treasures whose depths should be re-examined periodically - just so we stay on track ;-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home