Continuing Home

The ongoing saga of a Continuing Anglican church home, as seen by a member of the laity.

Friday, January 11, 2008

The last of The Litanies

Although I'm pretty close to another of my quarterly "week chock full o' meetings" trips (I fly out Wednesday) --and they just keep getting longer and busier-- for some reason the workload in preparation is less than it usually is, for all that I've spent maybe half my time this year so far in advance preparation of "publication submittal packages" for material my main committee will be voting on. I finished that effort early this morning, and by 11 AM or so it was clear I had just a little bit of work to do to be ready for the meetings -- barring the usual late submission of material. So I felt free to go join Fr. Daniel in the Friday Litany at noon.

It's a good thing I did, because he said this is likely to be the last of the Litanies for a short while. Fr. Daniel named several people, groups and situations to keep in prayer during the Litany; not least among these sundry difficulties and other issues were our two expectant mothers-to-be(-again), both due any time. (Interestingly, I do not recall any pre-natal prayers in our Book of Common Prayer, though we do have the Churching of Women, more formally known as "The Thanksgiving of Women after Child-birth.") Fr. Daniel anticipates being unusually busy for a time.

But it will only be for a time. After the Anglican Evangelist Group meetings/classes come to an end (and yes, Father, I intend read through John Stott's Why I am a Christian before I leave on this trip and miss the last two sessions) we'll be resuming the Sunday morning 9 AM Bible Studies. And a while after that, the Litany and the rest.

2 Comments:

  • At 4:19 PM, Blogger Anglicans Aweigh said…

    It's been great having you join me for The Litany on Fridays at noon. It is a little-used Service, but so important as a part of the regular offering of prayer to God in an Anglican parish. And, it helps to have someone else there to say the responses!

     
  • At 4:22 PM, Blogger Anglicans Aweigh said…

    Daily Matins & Evensong at set times, and The Litany on Fridays at noon will resume after things settle down in the rector's life. With my 3rd child expected any day now, I'll be needed at home a lot more!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home