Continuing Home

The ongoing saga of a Continuing Anglican church home, as seen by a member of the laity.

Thursday, January 03, 2008

Outreach Study

Matt has e-mailed our "Evangelism Group" about the upcoming three-week study centered around (or based on) John Stott's “Why I am a Christian,” starting next Wednesday evening. I do not have a copy of the book yet so I have no idea what's ahead, but I am delighted -- even if my travels mean I will only be able to attend the first session.

I commend Matt for his efforts! Having spent most of my life on the West Coast, and the majority of that in the Pacific Northwest, I am thoroughly imbued with this culture's prohibition against evangelism -- if you are a Christian; most anything else seems to be okay. It's hard to break out of that mold, especially when the only Christian models available around here are brash in-your-face Evangelicals (who may or may not do more harm than good, but then again if they're the only ones trying who can complain?).

Those of us on the more Anglo-Catholic wing ("God's Frozen Chosen" -- but I don't think we at St. Bartholomew's are all that frozen) are not especially known for evangelism, so I think this a Good Thing that Matt is doing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home