Continuing Home

The ongoing saga of a Continuing Anglican church home, as seen by a member of the laity.

Sunday, May 24, 2009

A very hard choice

The Archbishop had warned us we were going to have a very hard choice to make and I now know the full truth of that statement. Very different men with very different strengths, yet all very capable. I know we can't take them all, more's the pity. We will have to decide the one direction in which we most want to go and make our choice on that basis.

But I also see unusual interest and active engagement from all across the parish; perhaps Fr. McGrath did finally succeed in preparing us to actively move forward though it will be his successor who will get the benefit. Somewhere there's a verse regarding this but it just isn't coming to mind and I hope I'm not misremembering something. Maybe you, dear reader, can help me out?

1 Comments:

  • At 6:22 PM, Blogger The Miller Menagerie said…

    I say we triple our "rector salary" line item of the budget, and hire the lot! That's probably the only way I'd be truly happy.

    If only we could...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home