Continuing Home

The ongoing saga of a Continuing Anglican church home, as seen by a member of the laity.

Friday, June 05, 2009

How does your garden grow?

Through "a series of unfortunate events" (to crib a movie title) I wound up delivering Kathy's purse to her at the church this afternoon on my way home from work. Dee was working away in the gardens and I have to say I was amazed at the Garden Club's transformation of the gardens since last Sunday. Not that things had been ignored -- they'd already been flowering like I've never seen them flower before, but a tremendous amount of cleanup has been going on this week. Weed removal and much, much more.

I hope our next visiting candidate doesn't get the impression this is how things are year-round. (And the blessed Pacific NorthWet rain promised in the forecast a few days back is now replaced by predictions of more days of "Evil Yellow Face"; it issss, my Preciouss.)

But seriously, the Garden Club is doing a superb job on the "close" grounds. The Mens' Group is going to have a similarly big job in a couple of weeks in dealing with the further ranges of the property.

(A Wikipedia lookup of Mary, Mary, Quite Contrary, before composing this post, was a bit of a surprise to yours truly.)

2 Comments:

  • At 8:46 PM, Blogger Caitlín said…

    I surprised the chief Garden Fairy and her entourage yesterday, dressing the place up.

    Today it was Barbara - she and Dee have the same hair color. They look similar when on their knees digging in the dirt.

     
  • At 10:32 PM, Blogger The Miller Menagerie said…

    I'm actually praying for rain, as much as I complained in the off-season, for 2 reasons:

    1. I cannot take one more day of this severe allergy season and NEED some rain to wash the pollen away.

    2. I'm tired of this lying weather. Last year's synod in early May was overcast, yet not rainy, although it had bee the week before. Last rector candidate's visit-sunny & lovely.... LIES! All LIES! The weather is rotten here for 7/12 of the year!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home