Continuing Home

The ongoing saga of a Continuing Anglican church home, as seen by a member of the laity.

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Dinner with the Bishop

Bishop Provence will be here tomorrow to institute Fr. Davis as our Rector, and to receive a new member of the parish. Unfortunately for me I won't be able to be there as I fly out (to Atlanta) for a week of business. The plane won't even start boarding until well after the service ends, but the airport is too far away. So I'll be dropped off early with a few hours to kill.

But the Vestry took notice and invited us to join them at dinner with the bishop this evening, so I'll get to meet with him anyway.

Update: A great dinner at The British Pantry and it was *really* great to see Bishop Provence. And I was able to advise our Senior Warden that the Institution is one of the two best parts of being Senior Warden if one gets it (and no, the other is not stepping down!), and usually the most deserved.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home