Continuing Home

The ongoing saga of a Continuing Anglican church home, as seen by a member of the laity.

Sunday, September 13, 2009

"I will make you to become fishers of fish"

That part is already accomplished, it seems; it turns out we have a number of fishermen in our congregation, including Bob, Cynthia (some say the entire Davis family), Heather and Kavya. So already there's talk of them going on, er, fishing expeditions.

Sounds like a good idea to me. They should get together to form the Guild of Anglican FisherFolk (GAFF). They could form a school to teach the youngsters how to go fish ("spare the rod, spoil the child"); I nominate Bob for leader.

The jokes just keep writing themselves, but I think I should stop here.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:26 PM, Blogger The Miller Menagerie said…

    I promise to share tackle and transportation on one condition:

    We never refer to any get-together as GAFFCON.

    OOOHHH!!! ZING!!! I amuse myself, at least.

     
  • At 7:49 AM, Blogger Continuing Home said…

    That would certainly be a GAFFE!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home