Continuing Home

The ongoing saga of a Continuing Anglican church home, as seen by a member of the laity.

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Proud of our kids!

Fr. Davis emailed me a few photos of the St. Bartholomew's Youth Group from their planning, preparation and execution of the dinner for Tent City 4, a homeless camp currently located not far down the road from us. Sadly, for various reasons related to the current love of litigation in this country I am becoming rather more reluctant to post identifiable photos, and it just bothers me to post "masked" photos -- so I can't use them.

But looking at the photos he sent I see a fair amount of planning, execution -- and the kids themselves partaking of the same dinner they had already served to Tent City 4. (There's proof in the pudding for you!)

By every report the dinner went well for all, and our kids helped out some of the less fortunate among us.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:07 PM, Blogger Continuing Home said…

    If I may followup with a note from Fr. Davis:

    "By the way, those present last Friday night might have noticed that there were very few if any residents remaining from when we served them late last year. Just Mary Ellen and I have seen at least a couple of those former residents working at local establishments. In the past week, I know of two of the current residents there who have already secured jobs. Hopefully, permanent housing will soon follow. Continue to pray for them that they may all come to know the love of Christ who is the Way, Truth and Life."

    Amen

     

Post a Comment

<< Home