Continuing Home

The ongoing saga of a Continuing Anglican church home, as seen by a member of the laity.

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Evangelism for Anglicans

In a discussion with Matt a while back, I mentioned a document, a class on evangelism for Anglicans, I'd seen on the Internet a few years back. He expressed interest so I went to look it up... and it was gone. But fortunately I had a copy so I e-mailed it to his work address. A couple of weeks later I discovered it had been rejected due to the file type, and my e-mail system had dropped it into the Junk folder.

So I dug it out, changed the file type and forwarded it, with a copy to Fr. Daniel for evaluation.

4 Comments:

  • At 5:03 PM, Blogger Anglicans Aweigh said…

    The document details a 5-week course of study, as follows:

    "How to Share Your Faith Without Losing Your Friends"

    Prepared by

    The Rev. Canon B. W. Wait, III
    Canon for Evangelism
    Episcopal Diocese of Florida

    and

    The Rev. Canon Harold Percy
    Rector, Trinity Anglican Church
    Ontario, Canada,
    and
    Director, Institute of Evangelism,
    Wycliffe College, Toronto, Canada


    A detailed, five-week, two-hours-once-a-week course intended to help the shy, the timid, and the tongue-tied develop skills and confidence in sharing their Christian faith with their un-Churched friends.

    Many people who ought to be members of your congregation are still waiting to be asked!

    The course includes: prayer, Bible study, personal introspection and reflection, home reading assignments and some memorization, class discussion, and practice sharing.

    Anyone interested in going through it in a Study Group?!

     
  • At 5:27 PM, Blogger The Miller Menagerie said…

    Ooh, count me in! And I'm sure Drew would attend, too, if the Keebler factory allows it!

     
  • At 7:23 PM, Blogger Continuing Home said…

    Count me in too, as one of the "the shy, the timid, and the tongue-tied"!

    Please don't laugh too hard, Fr. Daniel, but having lived most of my life on the West Coast (and particularly the highly-unchurched Pacific Northwest) I am aware of the, um, difficulties of being an evangelist and hope this course, or some revision of it, can show the way around that.

     
  • At 4:24 AM, Blogger Evangelism Coach said…

    I have attended a workshop by Mr.Percy and enjoyed it, even though it was years ago. I still use some of his stuff in my workshops.

    I could recommend Mr. Percy if he is still teaching the material.

    Pastor Chris
    EvangelismCoach.org

     

Post a Comment

<< Home