Continuing Home

The ongoing saga of a Continuing Anglican church home, as seen by a member of the laity.

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Short Epiphanytide

As Fr. Daniel noted in the announcements today, this year we have a very short Epiphany season due to the unusually early Easter (which occurs on my birthday this year, for the first and probably only time in my life). Next Sunday is Septuagesima, beginning the countdown to Lent.

Bible Study will resume next Sunday too -- and maybe in place of the two Bibles I bought almost two years ago when my wife was in the hospital with a critical condition, I will bring the belated Christmas present that arrived today, a combination Book of Common Prayer (1928) plus KVJ Bible+Apocrypha. Now if somebody would publish that PLUS the Hymnal 1940, we'd have everything we need in a single volume.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:17 PM, Blogger Anglicans Aweigh said…

    I've wondered the same thing, whether the Hymnal could be added to the BCP and KJV combination. Would that make for an unwieldy volume? It would certainly pack a lot of punch.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home