Continuing Home

The ongoing saga of a Continuing Anglican church home, as seen by a member of the laity.

Saturday, November 22, 2008

The Littlest Acolyte

The turnout for the Mens' Breakfast (and Fellowship) was probably at an all-time low this morning, at least it was for those I've attended. But folks are busy, and some are already traveling in advance of the coming Thanksgiving holiday, so I guess I shouldn't have been too surprised. But a few of us showed up -- and were delighted at the preparation for Matins when Fr. McGrath guided Danny through lighting the candles. I barely grabbed my camera in time.

And though I couldn't hear it --my ears are still a bit plugged from my cold-- I gathered Danny was reciting some of Matins, at the very least the Lord's Prayer, right along with us. We PKs ("Preacher's Kids") get some of this early.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:34 PM, Blogger Anglicans Aweigh said…

    Danny did indeed recite the Lord's Prayer, and knew the Responses to "O Lord, open thou our lips, etc..." (I was surprised by that, myself)

    And for much of the rest of the time, he was holding a little prayer book and "reading" along with us.

    Not bad, Danny!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home