Continuing Home

The ongoing saga of a Continuing Anglican church home, as seen by a member of the laity.

Monday, February 02, 2009

All the things I'm missing...

Today is Candlemas (Purification of Blessed Virgin Mary), and I ought to be at church for the solemn Evensong (with incense), but instead I'm home packing for the next two trips. Or at least I was -- I'm now ready for tomorrow's outbound journey, but you never know what might go wrong while packing.

Saturday, according to the announcements is Acolyte Appreciation Day, and Master Chef (and Acolyte Master) Ranjit will demonstrate making Indian chicken curry, followed by group consumption of same. I'll be on the way home from Europe about then; by my calculation I will have just cleared Customs in Houston and considering lunch at the airport's finer dineries. (Which will it be: Bubba's? Nathan's? Popeye's? McDonald's?)

But at least I'll be able to rejoin the Proverbs class Sunday... before I go home after church to finish packing for next Monday's trip to Virginia for the week.

2 Comments:

  • At 4:36 PM, Blogger The Miller Menagerie said…

    Popeye's.

    Spicy tenders with mashed potatoes dolloped with cajun gravy on the side.

     
  • At 5:14 PM, Blogger Continuing Home said…

    I finally decided for a sit-down lunch with power. Electric power. To charge the laptop and cellphone.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home