Continuing Home

The ongoing saga of a Continuing Anglican church home, as seen by a member of the laity.

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Musical Christmas Preparations

Preparations for music at Christmas are underway. This morning after the service Claire, Kathy and Ruby were practicing together for a performance of cello, harp and flute. I suggested that all they needed was a bagpipe, to which Ruby immediately replied, "Everything goes well with bagpipes!" I was going to try to have mine going, if for nothing else than Veni Emmanuel on Advent IV (to my ears at least, Veni Emmanuel sounds like it was intended for the Highland pipes) but this virus I caught scotched that idea.

Our choir, Schola Cantorum, will be in service too. Not sure I will be able to join them either.

I'd offer a mountain dulcimer but that too is a few years out of practice. Last Christmas performance, duet with Celtic harp, was 1989 at work.

Nevertheless, we will have a variety of music for Christmas. Including a surprise for most of the congregation too, though I don't think it is intended to be a secret.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home