Continuing Home

The ongoing saga of a Continuing Anglican church home, as seen by a member of the laity.

Saturday, January 30, 2010

A different Annual Parish Meeting

...for me, anyway. For the first time in I don't know how long, I have nothing to do to prepare for tomorrow's Annual Parish Meeting. No "Servants of the Sanctuary" report (Larry has that responsibility now), no Webmaster's report (none was requested, nor needed), I'm not on the Vestry and wasn't asked to stand, which will make 2010 my third year's vacation from the Vestry.

I rolled off in 2008 after untold years of being on (since sometime in the 90s), and Fr. McGrath's effort to have me come back on last year failed when the Parish decided to elect "new blood" instead. I fully supported that, by the way -- it's not my fiefdom and I don't want it. But membership means more when one has also held some responsibility, and if there's ever any difficulty there are others who have Been There Before to advise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home