But there are the occasional repairs needed, though we seem to have quite a variety of talents among the men. Okay, putting in the new timer switch upside down was a goof on my part (I didn't see a "top" or "bottom" marking on the timer body and the handle looked symmetrical, though I discovered today it's not), but that can be rectified when we get the proper wall plate for it.
Paul decided it was time to patch a couple of spots in the linoleum. I probably could have figured out how to do it but didn't have the necessary tools. Paul did, and proceeded to patch with a couple of pieces from the roll end, stored away for just such an eventuality.