Continuing Home

The ongoing saga of a Continuing Anglican church home, as seen by a member of the laity.

Sunday, January 03, 2010

Welcome, Ahra!

Reading Fr. Davis' blog entry on Christmas, I finally learned our new organist's name: Ahra. It's been awkward because I was not well Christmas Eve when she started and after the Carols & Readings I just needed to get home ASAP to rest. And it has been sort of the same since; I noticed she didn't come down to the Parish Hall afterwards today, and presumably last Sunday as well.

But it's a delight to hear her professional touch on the organ -- like and yet unlike Josephine's. (Believe me, I am not putting down our "retired" organist one bit; I know better than most what she put into the effort, but she will be the first to say she's not a professional. But I am delighted to say that instead we will hear her harp and her voice more.)

And though I now know the choice of the unfamiliar alternate tunes for the Carols was accidental, upon reflection I like it. (So much for Tradition? Maybe I need to go watch that "Fiddler on the Roof" DVD I received for Christmas!)

So.... welcome, Ahra! And next Sunday I will try to finally introduce myself.

3 Comments:

  • At 7:01 AM, Blogger Tregonsee said…

    Could you talk to the good Father about getting the RSS feed switched on at his blog? It is interesting, but I sometimes forget to check it.

     
  • At 5:14 PM, Blogger Continuing Home said…

    Will do.

     
  • At 12:03 PM, Blogger Big Dave from the Enclave said…

    I am very glad we do not have organs in most of our churches, those crazy Greeks do in some cases and I don't like it one bit. In the West many of the hymns seem to almost need an organ, I enjoy those, just not when they blow my eardrums out.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home