Continuing Home

The ongoing saga of a Continuing Anglican church home, as seen by a member of the laity.

Friday, April 30, 2010

One uninteresting photo

I last wrote: "My Internet connectivity is very poor here so pictures will have to wait." Now back in my hotel with its free WiFi access.

There weren't many photo opportunities with everything else I had going, including a visit from our daughter whose birthday it is today, but even so there wasn't much among them I could post. The best (setting a low standard) was this one of the Lay Delegates section prior to the afternoon meeting. Most everything else was unusable because it would embarrass somebody or another.

Today's voting was done differently from anything I recall. First the clergy delegates were asked for aye votes, then nay notes; then the lay delegates were asked the same. This was a pleasantly uncontentious session; the folks who had prepared matters beforehand (budget, candidates/slates, resolutions) had done their work well and nobody found fault with any of it, though there were the usual sort of questions during the Treasurer's report. (It seems I will be one of the diocesan delegates to the Provincial Synod this fall and nobody found fault with that? Hmmmm...)

The trip is a little rough but I am very glad I came! Meeting old friends as well as the good folks from the Oregon churches. I hope we'll see the latter at the Diocese of the West's Family Camp just announced today -- in Oregon.

5 Comments:

  • At 8:12 AM, Blogger The Miller Menagerie said…

    My apologies: in a flurry to finish te family camp's display board, I forgot to give photographer credit where it was due! I'm so sorry about that; you had some great photos on there, too.

    Thanks so much for allowing their use. Hopefully, it will woo folks to the event!

     
  • At 3:06 PM, Blogger Continuing Home said…

    Deedee, don't worry about it for one seconds It's fine -- and all in a good cause. Just looking forward to this summer's camp, which I will announce in the next posting.

     
  • At 3:24 PM, Anonymous kathy.swan@gmail.com said…

    We missed you all at Synod, Dee Dee, but we bear love and greetings from the Hicks', especially Victoria. I will elaborate more in person. Bill heads out to North Carolina in mere hours and I am once again a widow... All for the cause. Camp will be a blast this year, too. (Kathy)

     
  • At 3:24 PM, Anonymous kathy.swan@gmail.com said…

    We missed you all at Synod, Dee Dee, but we bear love and greetings from the Hicks', especially Victoria. I will elaborate more in person. Bill heads out to North Carolina in mere hours and I am once again a widow... All for the cause. Camp will be a blast this year, too. (Kathy)

     
  • At 8:31 PM, Blogger The Miller Menagerie said…

    I hope that the OR folks are jazzed about camp- it's in their backyard, so no excuse not to join the fun!

    It appears some folks ran him and checked out the camp's webiste (41 hits, up from all time high of 7!) That's a sure confirmation that I need to get off my duff and finish the site.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home