Continuing Home

The ongoing saga of a Continuing Anglican church home, as seen by a member of the laity.

Friday, May 07, 2010

Updates

Checked my e-mail this evening, now that I have time because the grueling week of work-related class is over (did pretty well on the final exam, which only means more work ahead), and there was an update from Fr. Davis, now back from Synod.

Please keep Deacon Ed and Gene in your prayers. I had to laugh at Fr. Davis' remark w/r/t Deacon Ed: "I took him my copy of C.S. Lewis' The Abolition of Man earlier today, which ought to have him riled-up by the time we get him back." I bet!

But for Sunday after next (day after tomorrow is Rogation Sunday, which I will miss due to being on the Other Coast) Fr. Davis says:

The following Sunday is another big one, Pentecost/ Whitsunday, the birthday of Christ's Church and anniversary of the descent of the Holy Ghost upon her, according to the promise of the Gospel. As such especially equipped the Church to carry out the Great Commission to a lost world around them, I would like to spend Wednesday, May 26th (Feast of St. Augustine), and the following Wednesday, June 2nd, taking a looking at our mission field at the turn of the 21st Century (and perhaps better understanding ourselves). Based on a project I did for Alister McGrath at Oxford a few years ago, I plan to examine with you all the worldviews that emanate from Modernity and Postmodernity, and the challenges and opportunities that lie before us as a result. I would particularly be interested in having our teens in attendance! I'll have more to say about that soon; but for now, plan on Evensong at 6:00 PM with dinner and discussion to follow downstairs.
Sadly I will miss the first Wednesday --yes, I'll be away again-- but should be there for the second, if it's worth going after missing the first.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home