Continuing Home

The ongoing saga of a Continuing Anglican church home, as seen by a member of the laity.

Sunday, December 12, 2010

I recommend "Dawn Treader"...

...but only you're not a purist. The movie makes changes from the book; not all were necessary for adaptation to film. But it was fun to watch, and I think the best use of 3-D I have seen yet -- no "object in your face" silliness, and more 3-D than "Avatar." My opinion.

It's the best of the Narnia series I've seen so far. So it was kind of sad to watch it in a nearly-empty theatre this afternoon. If we had all sat in one row we might not have filled it. (Was it the heavy rain and flooding? "Tangled"? Over-hyped? I don't know. The folks working at the theatre said so far it has been a disappointment in turn-out.)

Not many movies gather applause at the end. This one did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home