Continuing Home

The ongoing saga of a Continuing Anglican church home, as seen by a member of the laity.

Sunday, November 04, 2007

Forgive us our trespasses/debts

My personal opinion is that Fr. Daniel outdid himself today with the latest in his series of homilies on the Lord's Prayer. The subject was forgiveness, coinciding extremely well (or was it planned?) with today's appointed Gospel reading, beginning with Matt. 18:21, on the same topic.

I've heard and read much on the topic of injury and restoration, and I have never heard all the key issues brought together so correctly and so succinctly, right down to explaining the error of the element of forgiveness (for severe, even deliberate, injury) that most people get wrong, summed up as "Forgive and forget."

I commend this précis of forgiveness to all. (I will add a link when it gets posted on the St. Bartholomew's website.)

Fr. Daniel, superb job!

Update: Link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home