Continuing Home

The ongoing saga of a Continuing Anglican church home, as seen by a member of the laity.

Thursday, July 24, 2008

The Book of Common Prayer, 1928 (PDF)

Fr. Daniel just forwarded me an e-mail that I was delighted to receive! Now I don't really need an electronic copy of the 1928 Book of Common Prayer, especially after Drew's discovery of the daily offices online (bookmarked on my cellphone's browser) but I've long thought it would be nice to have same.

Years ago I learned that the Society of Archbishop Justus has BCPs online and that they had one formatted in WordPerfect -- not exact, because the font was a little different, but close. I downloaded a copy, converted it to MS Word and, not knowing how busy life would soon get, started working on a font identical to the original. That project has remained untouched for at least 4 years and probably more.

But now comes an e-mail apparently originating with the Episcopalians For Traditional Faith, with a PDF of the 1928 BCP attached, though page sizes are re-done to print on 8.5x11 inches.

The name of the producer, Charles Wohlers of Satucket Software seems familiar; I think he may have been involved in an earlier version. Non-commercial redistribution is allowed; if there is interest it could be made available from St. Bartholomew's website.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home