Continuing Home

The ongoing saga of a Continuing Anglican church home, as seen by a member of the laity.

Monday, August 11, 2008

No news is not good news

I had hoped that long before now I would have written about and posted pictures from last week's Camp Cookie and possibly other events, but when I last updated this blog I had no idea what lay ahead.

Understand, I'm the early-riser in a house of night-owls but long about noon I figured it was time the rest were up. That's when I learned that the youngest was much more ill than thought and had had a very bad night. (Today we learned that there is a "bug," influenza I am guessing, starting to spread here -- and it is very, very nasty.) Barely saw that one at all Saturday, poor kid.

Then in the middle of the night my wife woke up with the onset of the same thing. Neither stirred except for "emergency runs" until about 8 PM Sunday. Both were a bit better this morning, enough for a visit to the doctor and an urgent item of business, but both are out again. The doctor said this lasts about a week.

So that's why Camp Cookie passed without being reported (my "reporter" being out of it), no news of anything transpired at St. Bartholomew's, and no news of the Choir Camp being held this week.

And while I'm praying for a speedy recovery for them, I'm also desperately praying I don't catch this thing, at least this week, because I have Powerpoints due Monday for a couple of talks at a conference 6 weeks hence.

3 Comments:

  • At 6:13 PM, Blogger The Miller Menagerie said…

    We'll be praying for all of the sickies in the Continuing Home House (or is it just the Continuing House, in this case?).

    I keep hearing everyone else talk about getting sick, and I wonder how much time past before one of my crumb snatchers catches it then shares it with the house.

     
  • At 6:28 PM, Blogger Continuing Home said…

    I guess it would be the "Continuing Household."

    I hadn't heard about others getting sick -- hadn't heard a thing about this bug until now. But I am concerned about the families with "crumb snatchers."

    They were looking better but now I'm "home alone" once again.

     
  • At 7:56 PM, Blogger The Miller Menagerie said…

    6 of St. Bart's crumb snatchers will be together for 3 days this week (maybe 6 days if you count other activities). So many opportunities to share sickness, if one of us gets it. Obviously, I need to preemptively combat with Vitamin C!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home