Continuing Home

The ongoing saga of a Continuing Anglican church home, as seen by a member of the laity.

Monday, February 16, 2009

Giving up travel for Lent?

I won't say I was seriously considering that but it would certainly have been convenient as I had had no more travel planned until well after Easter. Two-plus months at home!

Didn't last long. Last week I was asked to speak at a small conference in Denver, Friday of Easter Week, and this afternoon to speak in Eugene, Oregon, mid-March. (But that's driving and not flying distance, and mid-week to boot.)

Maybe I'll just give up airplanes for Lent.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:06 PM, Blogger Anglicans Aweigh said…

    I'm trying to see the benefit of giving up something UNpleasant for Lent. How about giving up the inflight meal? ooh, too harsh.

     
  • At 5:18 PM, Blogger Continuing Home said…

    "Too harsh" -- have you flown lately???!?

    Most airlines have had mercy on their long-suffering passengers and quit serving meals except in first class and on overseas flights. (Continental continues to serve meals on domestic flights and does a fair job; I can almost always eat the sandwiches.)

    But by your measure... I've already given up TV; the Superbowl will likely comprise 100% of my home viewership this year, as I think it has in years past.

    Haven't listened to talk radio ever since the car radio went kaput (a brief session on the way home today when it came back to life -- no, haven't missed anything even if one of the hosts is a friend).

    Giving up something pleasant... hmmm... maybe we'll trade cars so my wife can drive the stickshift while I drive the automatic for a change. (Where's the fun in that???)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home