Continuing Home

The ongoing saga of a Continuing Anglican church home, as seen by a member of the laity.

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Surplus of servers

This morning we learned from Fr. Davis that Jean has now passed away. Paul's service will be Sept. 12th, if I remember correctly; Fr. Davis is still trying to get in touch with Jean's family who are here somewhere.

But today we had a first, I think, at St. Bartholomew's -- two servers lighting the candles, father and son, and their first time serving here. Pretty soon I can retire, or may have to so others get a chance...

Uh oh. Drew asked I'd serve next Sunday. I agreed, but had forgotten that Kathy & I are performing with our Scottish Gaelic group next Sunday at the Evergreen State Fair, singing ancient Gaelic working ("waulking") songs. I usually turn out for these events in my Braveheart-style greatkilt, but this takes rather a bit of floorspace to pleat up and don and besides, there won't be time after the service.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home