Continuing Home

The ongoing saga of a Continuing Anglican church home, as seen by a member of the laity.

Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Travel planning

As Fr. Davis can attest, I've been a bit wound up recently by work issues, not the least of which is some upcoming travel. The latter includes a stay in Strasbourg, France a bit over three weeks hence. It's been difficult trying to get Kathy there on my frequent-flyer miles and we still aren't sure it will happen. But it would be wonderful to have a native French-speaker there with me -- with her coaching I can now pronounce "Strasbourg" almost correctly. Almost.

But during an e-mail exchange with Fr. Davis this afternoon, I suddenly thought to check whether there is an Anglican church there -- and there is! With Sunday morning Holy Communion (09:40 BCP), some two kilometres from the hotel. If all goes well, they might get a visit from the Wandering Anglican.

Stay tuned.

Update 9/04: Plans for Kathy fell through. But my flights are booked; I will arrive Saturday afternoon.

3 Comments:

  • At 6:23 PM, Blogger The Miller Menagerie said…

    Oh, I hope you get to go together, for translation and just for fun!

     
  • At 4:38 PM, Blogger Continuing Home said…

    Please pray, because right now it is not happening. Under company rules I should book by tomorrow, the miles transfer hit a snag (incomplete info) and if I book alone I'm really not wanting to be staying over two extra days by myself.

     
  • At 8:40 AM, Blogger Continuing Home said…

    It is not going to happen. Delta/Northwest say their system is such they can't work with us right now, so my miles are unavailable to her. Maybe Madrid next spring...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home