Continuing Home

The ongoing saga of a Continuing Anglican church home, as seen by a member of the laity.

Sunday, May 16, 2010

website editor

During Synod a couple of weeks ago I had been in a discussion, since continued with Fr. Davis, about conducting a session on church website creation and maintenance based on my experience: things that work, things that don't (and I have seen some pretty horrible church websites), nice additions (such as a map link), good and inexpensive hosts, and so on.

The problem is that the site I set up uses all hand-written HTML code and not many folks are going to want to do that. Now there are nice editors if you want to spend a few hundred dollars, but I don't. And (sorry guys) Microsoft's tools generate enormous amounts of unnecessary and impenetrable HTML.

I recalled I had found an open-source editor that ran on Linux, Windows and Macs but had forgotten its name so it had to wait until I got home to my Linux machine to find it again (this afternoon).

It's called KompoZer. I guess I am going to have to learn it now so I can teach other folks in the diocese how to use it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home