The problem is that the site I set up uses all hand-written HTML code and not many folks are going to want to do that. Now there are nice editors if you want to spend a few hundred dollars, but I don't. And (sorry guys) Microsoft's tools generate enormous amounts of unnecessary and impenetrable HTML.
I recalled I had found an open-source editor that ran on Linux, Windows and Macs but had forgotten its name so it had to wait until I got home to my Linux machine to find it again (this afternoon).
It's called KompoZer. I guess I am going to have to learn it now so I can teach other folks in the diocese how to use it.