Continuing Home

The ongoing saga of a Continuing Anglican church home, as seen by a member of the laity.

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Forgetfulness

Rather embarrassed to have arrived minutes before the service only to find out -- I'm reading today! Oops.

I guess I was so focused on possibly leading Morning Prayer the following Sunday I forgot this signup. It's sad if I am going to have to enter these engagements into my Outlook calendar just to remember them. (But that's what cellphones are for, no?) Then again, my reading engagements are now infrequent enough due to the number of Lay Readers we have, PLUS the short-term uncertainty of whether I'll be home or traveling any particular Sunday, maybe I just have to resort to Outlook.

At least today's Epistle was a pretty straightforward read. Fairly simple sentences that don't run on for a full paragraph and touch on four or five topics before reaching the end. A quick read-through and I was ready to go.

There was something else I was going to comment on, but I forgot what it was. Oops.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home