Continuing Home

The ongoing saga of a Continuing Anglican church home, as seen by a member of the laity.

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The Wandering Anglican visiteth... not...

On my list of things to do this trip was a visit to St. Ann Chapel up in Palo Alto, CA, a relatively short drive from here (except maybe in rush-hour traffic). I was looking forward to a visit having seen it featured in some local weekly, a copy of which was sent to Fr. McGrath a few years back.

I had it all mapped and worked out to attend Low Mass at 6 PM tomorrow... but I did not account for incomplete advance schedules. Though the meetings end at 5 PM, the "political" environment says I should stay through 6 PM for the reception.

Oh well.

2 Comments:

  • At 3:51 PM, Blogger palaeologos said…

    Well, it's a good thing you didn't, Bill--St Ann currently isn't offering a Low Mass on Wednesday evenings! Your post prompted me to look at the website, which needs to be changed. Thanks for the unintended heads-up.

    Yours truly is holding down (or is that up?) the altar at St Ann's these days, and would be very glad to see you there some time. Nice to finally meet you at the Synod last month!

     
  • At 7:23 PM, Blogger Continuing Home said…

    You're welcome! Glad I didn't make the attempt -- that would have been disappointing.

    But then again it would have saved me from the "reception"/dinner that featured a way-too-loud rock band.

    But I'll be back about this time next year, if nothing else brings me to the South Bay before then.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home