Continuing Home

The ongoing saga of a Continuing Anglican church home, as seen by a member of the laity.

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Autumn Lilies

I've mentioned before the difficulties of keeping the blog updated when I'm away so much. This posting turns out to be an example of same. Last Sunday we observed with surprise that last Easter's lilies, subsequently planted in the garden, were again in bloom. Now I'd forgotten to bring my little pocket camera (a Nikon S3) so I took pictures with my cellphone, but was so busy while away for a conference I never offloaded them.

But because today was a big event, I had the "big" camera with me. (It's only a Canon S3 IS with additional lenses + CHDK firmware, but it's far more versatile than the bigger Nikon D70 dSLR -- which failed, was fixed under warranty, failed the same way a few weeks later but then they wanted $350 to fix it. Not ready to spend the money to have it fixed again... for how long? Besides, I am really beginning to like Canon.) So here's the evidence, shot just an hour ago.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home