Continuing Home

The ongoing saga of a Continuing Anglican church home, as seen by a member of the laity.

Monday, October 11, 2010

On the road again

When this posting appears on the blog I should be back up in the air, this time on my way to Minneapolis. Unfortunately, the following two Sunday mornings will find me back at SeaTac airport, beginning trips to D.C. ("the other Washington") and Atlanta. I can't say I'm happy about this because flights to the East Coast always eat up a day and I need to leave early, but it's part of the job.

At least last week and this I'm able to fly out on Mondays. But I could almost wring the neck (Lord, please give me grace) of the guy who scheduled a conference with meetings beginning the Monday after Thanksgiving! And my attendance is mandatory. I am thinking of flying out Saturday just to avoid the horrible Sunday airport crush.

But in mid-November I have a week and half trip to Hot Springs VA and Atlanta (again), but the Sunday I'm away I should be able to take Communion in an ACC church. It was very nice to find links to the ACC and UECNA websites from our website. I mentioned that to Archbishop Provence this morning, and he responded, "Yes, while the State Department is busy telling us where it's not safe to go, our website tells you where it is safe for you to go (and take Communion)!" What can I say but, "Amen."

3 Comments:

  • At 7:35 AM, Blogger Fr Tom said…

    oozerIf your trip to Hot Springs falls over a Sunday, you would be most welcome at Christ Anglican Church at Union Chapel, about 4 miles South of the Homestead on route 220. Our services are at 11:30 each Sunday.

    In Christ

    Tom McHenry+
    Vicar, Christ Anglican Church at Union Chapel

     
  • At 8:53 AM, Blogger Continuing Home said…

    Oh boy! I wish I had found you before I'd booked my flight to Atlanta. A visit there would be quite tight -- I've planned time for a 9-something service not too far away.

     
  • At 11:37 PM, Blogger The Miller Menagerie said…

    If you do ever get a chance to meet up with Archdeacon McHenry, please give him our regards! Our time in the Diocese of the Mid-Atlantic States, when Drew was in the Scott School, was one of the happiest times of our lives.

    Too bad you didn't have the chance to visit Christ Church!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home