Continuing Home

The ongoing saga of a Continuing Anglican church home, as seen by a member of the laity.

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Friday too!

Since I wasn't going to be able to say the Litany with Fr. Daniel, and because my schedule for the rest of the day looked fairly open (how little I knew then...), I decided to drive over today instead. It was a pretty typical Pacific Northwest autumn day: dark, grey, gloomy and raining -- absolutely perfect! (There's a reason they call Pacific Northwesterners "mossbacks.")

I knew the sale was on for this weekend, so I shouldn't have been surprised by the bright yellow banners advertising the sale, but I was. And I saw a bit of ingenuity on somebody's part: the sale is usually held on Saturday, but this year it was extended to Friday also. The banner had been made some time ago, but somebody made another sign (barely visible in this picture, I'm afraid), white on blue, that added "Friday too!"

I was a few minutes early and Fr. Daniel wasn't there; apparently he had been home watching the children while Josephine was helping other women from the ACW in setting up the sale. But he showed up a few minutes later, just long enough for me to peruse the setup, and we went upstairs to read the Litany after which I took care of some other business in town, ate lunch, and ambled back to the office where my planned easy afternoon vanished into a flurry of activity.

I suppose it's overdoing it a bit to recall from the Litany:

From lightning and tempest; from earthquake, fire, and flood; from plague, pestilence, and famine; from battle and murder, and from sudden death,
Good Lord, deliver us.
And likewise any petition to add the following is certainly doomed to failure:
From things that pile on when one is trying to get out of the office,
Good Lord, deliver us.
But hey -- did I mention that St. Bartholomew's ACW is having a sale Friday and Saturday, November 9th and 10th, 9 AM to 3 PM both days? If you're in the Woodinville area, come on by.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home