Continuing Home

The ongoing saga of a Continuing Anglican church home, as seen by a member of the laity.

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

A new Shrove Tuesday tradition

It seems we have a something of a new Shrove Tuesday tradition. Not the (beautiful) Solemn Evensong, with incense -- that was for St. Matthius. Nor the Parish Hall being overwhelmed by children (we need a larger hall, but that's a whole lot easier said than done, given our very limited space for construction). This one's not as fun.

As we began our Pancake Supper I noticed Fr. McGrath wasn't around, and asked. Josephine reported that he was home with one of their children, who was sick. As one always seems to be on Shrove Tuesday, she added.

Hopefully this will be the last year of that tradition...

2 Comments:

  • At 11:03 AM, Blogger Anglicans Aweigh said…

    Amen to that. I don't know why, but Shrove Tuesday is synonymous with colds and flu at our house! I did manage to make it to the Pancake Supper a little later, though: many thanks to M.E.F. for setting aside a plate for me, with a Blueberry Pancake, Cinnamon-Apple Compote Pancake, Bacon and Sausage. Yum, Yum! Compliments to G. D. our chef!

     
  • At 4:46 PM, Blogger Continuing Home said…

    Many thanks to MEF and all our excellent chefs. It's a good thing y'all don't need me in the kitchen -- I'd burn the water if I could (and actually I did once, but it was with the aid of a small chunk of pure sodium).

     

Post a Comment

<< Home