Continuing Home

The ongoing saga of a Continuing Anglican church home, as seen by a member of the laity.

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Near oops

Got up feeling pretty tired -- no wonder because I was awake for hours in the middle of the night. Coupled with an upset stomach I almost didn't go this morning. But it's Advent IV and we were going to do the Greening of the Church (decorating for Christmas) today and I didn't really want to miss that, so I went.

I'd barely sat in the pew, just minutes before the service was to begin, when Larry came up and said, "You're signed up to read today." I was? I had completely forgotten about it. So I went to the Sacristy and vested, while Deacon Miller held his prayer book open so I could preview the Epistle.

Fortunately it was a short and easy one. With the line Fr. Davis mentioned a Sunday or three ago: "Let your moderation be known unto all men."

But after, between my stomach and tiredness, I went home just as the Greening began. So I won't see the work until Wednesday, probably.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home