Continuing Home

The ongoing saga of a Continuing Anglican church home, as seen by a member of the laity.

Sunday, September 06, 2009

Priest's Pulpit 'Puter

In one way I'm amused and in another way I approve: Fr. Davis has his sermons before him on his laptop in the pulpit. A new tradition forming...?

Not sure of the expense/energy/carbon difference between printing a couple or so pages vs. some 75 watt-hours of running the machine, and although my day job touches on these issues I am not going to follow through. This may well be the "greener" approach -- though I still hope he's printing a copy for John, who is deaf, to follow along. (Maybe in a few years he can send a copy to John's cellphone...)

But I am sorely regretting missing last Sunday's service due to illness -- he built upon that sermon with today's and I sense a series being formed.

But for all our numbers were expectedly low this Sunday, despite the unusual cold (52F this morning here!) and rain we were delighted to welcome Neil, whom we know from diocesan Family Camp, visiting in the area.

5 Comments:

  • At 6:10 PM, Blogger The Miller Menagerie said…

    Dang it! I knew Neil was in town, but didn't figure he'd make services all the way at St. B's. Poo. We were slightly sick, and I'm trying to be very conscientious about quarantining. Last year, we were sick far too many times from folks not doing likewise, so I will be darned sure my family won't be the sharers of disease this year.

    Poo, for missing Neil though. Prue's been excited about him being in town, all week. Keeps talking about "the guy with the dolphin truck".

     
  • At 6:16 PM, Blogger Continuing Home said…

    LOL! Sorry y'all didn't make it, but it's also not clear how long he's in town -- maybe next Sunday? I dunno.

     
  • At 9:15 PM, Blogger The Miller Menagerie said…

    Not sure how long this trip is. We will likely be seeing more of him.

     
  • At 4:41 PM, Blogger Continuing Home said…

    Good idea about quarantining. H1N1 is now loose in the state, though those of us of a certain age don't have to worry much, I hear.

     
  • At 7:04 PM, Blogger The Miller Menagerie said…

    Drew's diabetes makes him really susceptible to anything. Last year we were sick over a month, twice. Add in pregnant lady, 3 little crumb snatchers (who thankfully catch less than the average kid, thanks to educating them at home)- the Miller Menagerie is a sickness magnet this season. So, we're very intent on not sharing anything with anyone. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home